Welcome to Symplicity’s Developer Experience. On October 5, 2018, Accommodate, Symplicity’s accommodations platform, announced the launch of Symplicity® Radius™, a new cloud-based supported integration layer designed to connect the accessibility services office to other campus departments, as well as to other professional development solutions used by students, faculty and accessibility offices. By leveraging a series of REST APIs essential to students’ accessibility needs, Symplicity makes it easy for colleges and universities to integrate solutions such as student information systems. Your accessibility services at your institution has most likely contacted you to help connect them to some other platform on campus. Please read the Frequently Asked Questions before jumping into the documentation to get started. We’ll be posting some tutorials as well, so check back soon!
A Brief Intro to Accommodate
Symplicity’s Accommodate is the platform your institution uses to manage accommodation requests and other services that accompany the requests. Some of the things that Accommodate does to help your accessibility services office are:
- Manage and track accommodation requests
- Track and manage the delivery of alternative format requests
- Match and assign notetakers and ensure electronic delivery of notes to accommodated students
- Manage exam booking requests
- Communicate directly with faculty around student accommodations
- Manage the scheduling of student appointments
- Allows faculty to upload exams directly to the system for ease around the test taking process
- Schedule, advertise, and manage events such as workshops and events
- And much, much, more.
While you are completing your task that has been asked of you by your accessibility services contact, if you think of another platform that you could connect to on campus, tell your contact! You may be able to do it yourself, or Symplicity may be willing to partner with the company that has built that platform. Our end goal is to help students be successful during their higher education experience. By connecting Accommodate to other platforms in the higher education ecosystem, we can help them meet their goals.