Welcome to Symplicity’s Developer Experience. On June 5th, 2017, Symplicity, the leading employability platform serving students, alumni and employers, announced the launch of Symplicity® Radius™, a new cloud-based supported integration layer designed to connect the career center to other campus departments, as well as to other professional development solutions used by students, alumni and career centers. By leveraging a series of REST APIs essential to students’ job searches, Symplicity makes it easy for colleges and universities to integrate solutions such as company research, career management, digital portfolios, virtual career fairs, content and networking tools and more. Your career services center at your institution has most likely contacted you to help connect them to some other platform on campus. Please read the Frequently Asked Questions before jumping into the documentation to get started. We’ll be posting some tutorials as well, so check back soon!
A Brief Intro to Career Services Manager
Symplicity’s Career Services Manager (CSM) is the platform your institution uses to manage the career center’s activities. Some of the things that CSM does to help your career services center are:
- Manage the scheduling of counseling appointments
- Manage relationships with the employers who look to hire students from your institution
- Schedule, advertise, and manage events such as career fairs, information sessions, and workshops that your students attend
- Help your students connect with mentors outside and/or inside the institution
- Allow your students to apply for jobs that employers have posted on CSM
- Manage Experiential Learning processes for the students
- And much, much, more.
While you are completing your task that has been asked of you by your career services contact, if you think of another platform that you could connect to on campus, tell your contact! You may be able to do it yourself, or Symplicity may be willing to partner with the company that has built that platform. Our end goal is to help students find the right career for themselves. By connecting CSM to other platforms in the higher education ecosystem, we can help them find that perfect career.